Are you a fan of slow-cooked, tender, and juicy beef brisket? If so, you know that this delicious comfort food is often seasoned with BBQ sauce and always a crowd-pleaser.
But, what about the side dishes? While brisket can be enjoyed on its own, serving it with the right sides can take your meal to the next level. From creamy scalloped potatoes to crispy air fryer french fries, there are so many options to choose from.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best side dishes to serve with beef brisket and provide tips on how to make them. So, get ready to elevate your brisket game and impress your family and friends with these mouthwatering dishes!
How To Serve Beef Brisket?
There are many ways to serve beef brisket, and it all depends on your personal preference. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Brisket Sandwiches: Dress up or dress down your brisket sandwiches with toppings like bacon, pickles, jalapenos, onion rings, and more. You can even create a topping bar so your guests can customize their own sandwiches.
2. Scalloped Potatoes: Thinly sliced potatoes layered with creamy, cheesy, buttery goodness make for a perfect side dish to complement the smoky flavor of brisket.
3. Baked Potato Skins: Crispy potato skins filled with your favorite toppings like cheese, bacon, and sour cream are a great way to add some crunch to your meal.
4. Instant Pot Mac and Cheese: Creamy mac and cheese is always a crowd-pleaser and pairs well with the rich flavor of brisket.
5. Asparagus: Simply cooked asparagus is the perfect counterpoint to a rich brisket. Steam them in the microwave and serve plain or with a drizzle of browned butter.
6. Fresh Salads: A fresh salad with crisp greens, juicy tomatoes, and tangy dressing can help balance out the richness of the brisket.
7. Cooked and Baked Dishes: From baked beans to wild brown rice to crispy air fryer brussels sprouts, there are many cooked and baked dishes that can complement the flavor of brisket.
Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Creamy scalloped potatoes are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with beef brisket. To make this dish, thinly slice Russet potatoes and layer them in a baking dish with a creamy, cheesy sauce. It’s important to use full-fat ingredients for the best flavor and texture. Don’t worry about the calories, as this is a special occasion dish.
To add a smoky flavor to your scalloped potatoes, you can cook them on a pellet grill or smoker. This will infuse the potatoes with a delicious smoky flavor that complements the brisket. Alternatively, you can bake them in the oven until they are golden brown and bubbly.
When serving creamy scalloped potatoes with beef brisket, be sure to scoop out some of the creamy sauce left in the pan and drizzle it over the top. This will add extra richness and flavor to the dish. You can also serve it with roasted asparagus or green beans and a good red wine to complete your meal.
Remember to slice your potatoes thinly and evenly for the best results. You can use a mandolin to make this easier. Creamy scalloped potatoes are a comforting and delicious side dish that will impress your guests and complement your beef brisket perfectly.
Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
If you’re looking for a classic side dish to go with your beef brisket, look no further than crispy air fryer french fries. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also much healthier than traditional deep-fried versions. Here are some tips to ensure that your fries come out perfectly crispy every time:
1. Layer your fries like a lattice: The key to getting the crispiest fries is to layer the sliced potatoes in the air fryer like a lattice, alternating directions with each layer.
2. Use perforated parchment paper liners: If you’re having any trouble with the fries sticking, these liners are a great solution.
3. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer: Air fryers work by circulating air all around your food, and when an air fryer is overcrowded, it can’t do that, resulting in a not-so-crispy (and maybe even a little bit mushy) end product.
To make crispy air fryer french fries, start by slicing 3 large russet potatoes into fries using a mandoline. Submerge the fries in cool water for an hour to remove excess starch and help them crisp up more in the oven. After an hour, drain the water and pat the fries dry with a paper towel. Toss them with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the fries to the bottom of the air fryer basket, making sure they are all on the same level and not stacked on top of each other. Cook for 13 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until crispy and golden brown.
Whether you’re serving up BBQ brisket or burgers and dogs, crispy air fryer french fries are the perfect complement to any meal. So why not give them a try at your next gathering?
Classic coleslaw is a timeless and easy side dish that pairs perfectly with beef brisket. This simple and tangy homemade coleslaw recipe comes together quickly with only a handful of ingredients. It’s crisp, creamy, and tangy, making it the perfect complement to the rich and smoky flavor of brisket.
To make classic coleslaw, start by tossing together a bag of prepared coleslaw mix in a large bowl. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, including mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
Classic coleslaw is versatile and can be served in many different ways. It’s great as a side dish alongside brisket sandwiches or piled on top of a hot dog. You can also use it as a topping for barbecue sandwiches or even serve it on its own as a refreshing summer salad.
Sweet And Tangy Baked Beans
One classic side dish that pairs perfectly with beef brisket is sweet and tangy baked beans. These beans are a staple of BBQ dishes and are a crowd-pleaser at any summer cookout. The addition of crushed pineapple adds a depth of flavor that will leave your guests wanting more.
To make these beans, you’ll need brown sugar, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and crushed pineapple. Mix all the ingredients together and bake in the oven until the sauce thickens and the flavors meld together. The smoky flavor of the brisket pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy flavors of the beans.
These beans are not only delicious but also versatile. They can be baked in the smoker next to your brisket or simmered on the stovetop while your burgers grill outside. They also taste really good spooned over a hot dog.
If you like bacon in your baked beans, you can add it as a variation to this recipe. Simply caramelize bacon and onion in a skillet before adding canned beans and the other ingredients. Cook low and slow over wood smoke for two to three hours for an incredibly meaty flavor.
Sweet and tangy baked beans are hearty and satisfying, making them a perfect side dish to serve with beef brisket. They’re also freezer-friendly and make-ahead friendly for tailgating and game days. Give this classic BBQ side dish a try at your next summer cookout!
Grilled Vegetables Medley
Grilled vegetables are a great addition to any meal, and they pair perfectly with beef brisket. To make a grilled vegetable medley, start by selecting your favorite vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Cut them into similar sizes so they cook evenly on the grill.
Preheat your grill to medium heat and brush the vegetables with olive oil. Season them with salt and pepper, or your favorite seasoning blend. Place them on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until they are tender and slightly charred.
Once they are cooked, remove the vegetables from the grill and arrange them on a platter. Drizzle with balsamic glaze or sprinkle with fresh herbs like parsley or basil for an extra burst of flavor. The grilled vegetable medley will add color and nutrition to your meal, and the smoky flavor will complement the beef brisket perfectly.
If you’re looking for a classic Southern side to serve with your beef brisket, homemade cornbread is a great option. This recipe is easy to make and pairs perfectly with the smoky flavor of brisket.
– 1 cup yellow cornmeal
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup milk
– 2 large eggs
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the cornbread cool in the pan for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
To serve with your beef brisket, cut the cornbread into squares or wedges and place them on a serving platter. You can also brush the top of the cornbread with melted butter or honey for added flavor. Enjoy!