Are you a fan of shrimp? Do you follow the Optavia diet plan?
If so, you might be wondering how much shrimp you can eat while staying within the guidelines of the program. Well, we’ve got some good news for you!
Shrimp is actually one of the “leanest” fish options on the Optavia diet, meaning it can be a great addition to your meals. However, there are some important things to keep in mind when it comes to portion sizes and preparation methods.
In this article, we’ll explore how much shrimp you can eat on Optavia and provide some delicious recipe ideas to help you incorporate this tasty seafood into your diet. So, let’s dive in!
How Much Shrimp On Optavia?
According to the Optavia Asia Pacific guide, you can eat up to 200g of shrimp in a meal with two healthy fat options. This means that you can enjoy a generous serving of shrimp without worrying about exceeding your daily calorie or fat intake.
However, it’s important to note that not all shrimp preparations are created equal. Optavia recommends avoiding fried, coated, or breaded shrimp as these can add saturated fats and extra calories to your meal. Instead, opt for healthier cooking methods such as sautéing or grilling with minimal oil.
Understanding The Optavia Diet Guidelines For Seafood
The Optavia diet is a meal replacement program that focuses on consuming lean proteins, healthy fats, and low-carbohydrate vegetables. Seafood is an excellent source of lean protein, and the Optavia Asia Pacific guide includes shrimp as one of its ‘leanest’ fish options.
When it comes to shrimp, Optavia recommends consuming it in its natural state or in healthy preparations such as Thai tom yum soup. These healthy shrimp options should be considered within the recommended portion guidelines. It’s essential to follow the portion guidelines to ensure that you’re not consuming excessive calories or fat.
It’s also important to note that while seafood is generally a healthy food choice, not all seafood preparations are created equal. Optavia recommends avoiding fried, coated, or breaded shrimp as these can add saturated fats and extra calories to your meal. Instead, opt for healthier cooking methods such as sautéing or grilling with minimal oil.
How Much Shrimp Can You Eat On Optavia?
If you’re wondering how much shrimp you can eat on Optavia, the answer is up to 200g per meal. This serving size is considered one of the “leanest” fish options in the Optavia Asia Pacific guide and can be paired with two healthy fat options for a balanced meal.
It’s important to keep in mind that portion control is still key when it comes to shrimp consumption. Optavia recommends sticking to the recommended portion guidelines and avoiding overindulging in shrimp, as this can lead to exceeding your daily calorie intake.
When it comes to shrimp preparation, it’s best to choose healthier cooking methods such as sautéing or grilling with minimal oil. Fried, coated, or breaded shrimp should be avoided as they can add unnecessary saturated fats and calories to your meal.
Choosing The Right Type Of Shrimp For Optavia
When selecting shrimp for your Optavia meal, it’s crucial to choose the right type of shrimp to ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional value from your meal. Optavia considers shrimp found in Thai tom yum soup to be a healthy shrimp option, so it’s recommended to consider this when selecting your shrimp.
It’s also essential to choose fresh, high-quality shrimp that is free from any added preservatives or chemicals. Avoid pre-packaged or frozen shrimp that may contain added sodium or other unhealthy additives.
Additionally, it’s important to consider the cooking method when preparing your shrimp. Optavia suggests sautéing or grilling with minimal oil to keep your meal lean and healthy.
Best Ways To Prepare Shrimp On Optavia
If you’re looking for some delicious and healthy ways to prepare shrimp on Optavia, we’ve got you covered! Here are some of the best ways to cook shrimp while staying on plan:
1. Lemon Garlic Shrimp: This recipe is quick and easy to make, and it’s packed with flavor. Simply sauté shrimp in a skillet with garlic, lemon juice, and chicken stock. Finish it off with a pat of butter and some fresh parsley, and you’ve got a tasty and satisfying meal.
2. Cajun Style Shrimp Skillet: If you’re in the mood for something spicy, this Cajun-style shrimp skillet is sure to hit the spot. Cook shrimp in a skillet with bell peppers, tomatoes, and grated cauliflower rice for a low-carb, high-protein meal that’s ready in under 20 minutes.
3. Grilled Shrimp Kabobs: If you’re firing up the grill, why not throw some shrimp on there too? Thread shrimp onto skewers with your favorite veggies (such as cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions), brush with a little olive oil, and grill until cooked through.
4. Shrimp Stir-Fry: Stir-frying is a great way to cook shrimp quickly while retaining its flavor and texture. Sauté shrimp in a wok or large skillet with your favorite veggies (such as broccoli, snow peas, and carrots), and season with soy sauce or other Asian-inspired flavors.
No matter how you choose to prepare your shrimp on Optavia, be sure to measure out your portion size and pair it with two healthy fat options to stay on plan. With these delicious recipes, you can enjoy all the health benefits of shrimp while still reaching your weight loss goals.
Delicious Optavia Shrimp Recipes To Try At Home
If you’re looking for some delicious and healthy shrimp recipes to try at home while on the Optavia program, we’ve got you covered. Here are three tasty options that are easy to make and packed with flavor:
1. Cajun Style Shrimp Skillet: This one-skillet meal is ready in less than 20 minutes and is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. Seasoned with Cajun seasoning, the shrimp is cooked with assorted bell peppers, tomatoes, and grated cauliflower for a low-carb alternative to rice. Simply sauté the garlic and shrimp in a mixture of light butter and olive oil, then add the veggies and cauliflower rice until heated through.
2. Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi: This classic dish is light and flavorful, perfect for a summer meal. Cook the shrimp in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and chicken stock until pink, then toss with cooked spaghetti squash for a healthy pasta alternative. Top with grated Parmesan cheese (optional) for added flavor.
3. Bang Bang Shrimp: This appetizer or side dish is a crowd-pleaser and can easily be made into a meal by serving it over a bed of lettuce or with some roasted veggies on the side. The shrimp is coated in a spicy mayo-based sauce made with hot sauce, honey, and rice vinegar, then baked until crispy.
No matter which recipe you choose, remember to stick to the Optavia guidelines for portion sizes and healthy fat options. With these delicious shrimp recipes, you’ll never get bored of eating healthy on the Optavia program.