Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to cook pork loin roast? Look no further than your trusty crock pot!
Slow cooking pork loin roast in a crock pot is a foolproof way to achieve tender, juicy meat with minimal effort. But how long should you cook it for? The answer depends on the size of your roast and the cut of pork you’re using.
In this article, we’ll explore the different cuts of pork that work well in a crock pot, the importance of searing your meat, and the ideal cooking times for perfect pork every time.
So grab your crock pot and let’s get cooking!
How Long To Cook Pork Loin Roast In Crock Pot?
When it comes to cooking pork loin roast in a crock pot, the cooking time will vary depending on the size of your roast. As a general rule of thumb, you should cook your pork loin roast for 4 to 5 hours on low heat for a tender and juicy result.
However, if you’re using a larger cut of pork, such as pork shoulder or scotch fillet roast, you’ll need to cook it for longer. Pork shoulder needs to be cooked for 10 hours on low for a 1.5 – 2.5kg / 3 – 5 lb pork roast. This is because these cuts have more fat marbled through them, which takes longer to break down and become tender.
It’s important to note that cooking times can vary depending on your crock pot and the temperature settings you use. It’s always best to check the internal temperature of your pork with a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked through.
Choosing The Right Cut Of Pork For Your Crock Pot
Choosing the right cut of pork is essential for achieving a delicious and tender result in your crock pot. While rib and loin chops are popular pork cuts for stovetop and oven cooking, they aren’t ideal for slow cooking. Instead, consider using cuts that are tougher and contain more fat, such as pork shoulder, chuck roasts, short ribs, and lamb shanks.
Pork shoulder is one of the most economical cuts and is perfect for slow-cooking in a crock pot. This cut is nicely marbled with fat, which adds flavor and helps to keep the meat tender during the long cooking process. Optimum Pork Shoulder Cooking Temperature is 170°F or until it falls apart easily with two forks or tongs. Pork shoulder roasts need to be cooked for 10 hours on low for a 1.5 – 2.5kg / 3 – 5 lb pork roast to become tender and juicy.
Leaner cuts like pork tenderloin or boneless top loin or center loin pork chops can also be prepared in the slow cooker but need to be cooked for a shorter time to avoid drying out. It’s essential to keep an eye on lean cuts of meat so they don’t overcook and become tough.
The Importance Of Searing Your Pork Loin Roast
Searing your pork loin roast before cooking it in the crock pot is an important step that can greatly enhance the flavor and texture of your meat. Searing involves cooking the meat at a high temperature for a short amount of time, which creates a caramelized crust on the outside of the meat. This crust not only adds a delicious flavor, but it also helps to lock in the juices and keep your pork roast tender and moist.
To sear your pork loin roast, you can use a cast iron pan or skillet over high heat with a small amount of oil. Once the pan is hot, place the pork loin roast in the pan and sear it on all sides until it forms a golden-brown crust. This should only take a few minutes per side.
After searing your pork loin roast, you can transfer it to your crock pot to finish cooking. The searing process will not only enhance the flavor and texture of your meat, but it will also help to reduce the overall cooking time in the crock pot.
Ideal Cooking Times For Pork Loin Roast In A Crock Pot
If you’re cooking a pork loin roast in a crock pot, you’ll want to aim for a cooking time of 4 to 5 hours on low heat. This will give you a tender and juicy result. However, if your pork loin roast is larger or smaller than average, you’ll need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
To determine the ideal cooking time for your pork loin roast, use the following guidelines:
– For a 1 to 2 pound pork loin roast, cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
– For a 3 to 4 pound pork loin roast, cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
– For a 5 to 6 pound pork loin roast, cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Remember, these are just guidelines and your cooking time may vary depending on your crock pot and the temperature settings you use. It’s always best to check the internal temperature of your pork with a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked through.
Cooking your pork loin roast for too long can result in dry and tough meat, so be sure to keep an eye on it and remove it from the crock pot once it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Let the meat rest for at least three minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips For Perfectly Cooked Pork Every Time
Cooking pork can be tricky, but with these tips, you can achieve perfectly cooked pork every time:
1. Use the right temperature: The ideal internal temperature for pork is 145°F. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check the temperature and avoid overcooking.
2. Let it rest: After cooking, let your pork rest for a few minutes before slicing. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make your pork more tender and flavorful.
3. Cook low and slow: For tougher cuts of pork, such as pork belly or shoulder, cook them low and slow to break down the fat and collagen for a tender result.
4. Bring it to room temperature: Take your pork out of the fridge at least 15-20 minutes before cooking to allow it to come up to room temperature. This will ensure even cooking throughout the cut.
5. Don’t forget the seasoning: Season your pork with salt and pepper or your favorite rub before cooking for added flavor.
By following these tips, you can cook pork loin roast in a crock pot or any other cut of pork perfectly every time.
Delicious Pork Loin Roast Crock Pot Recipes To Try
If you’re looking for delicious and easy pork loin roast crock pot recipes to try, we’ve got you covered. Here are three mouthwatering options to consider:
1. Honey Butter Garlic Pork Loin Roast: This recipe features a honey butter garlic sauce that will make your taste buds sing. Simply place the pork loin roast in the crock pot, add the sauce ingredients, and let it cook on low for 4-6 hours. The result is a tender and flavorful pork roast that’s perfect for any occasion.
2. Balsamic Pork Loin Roast: For a more savory option, try this balsamic pork loin roast recipe. Rub the pork with a mixture of spices, sear it in a skillet, and then coat it with a balsamic garlic sauce before slow cooking it for 4-5 hours on low. The end result is a juicy and flavorful pork roast that pairs perfectly with roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.
3. Classic Pork Loin Roast: If you’re looking for a classic and simple recipe, this one is for you. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning on the pork loin roast, add some water to the crock pot, and let it cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9 hours. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have time to fuss over dinner.
No matter which recipe you choose, cooking your pork loin roast in a crock pot is an easy and delicious way to enjoy this flavorful cut of meat. Just remember to check the internal temperature to ensure it’s fully cooked before serving.