Are you looking for a delicious and impressive meal to serve at your next dinner party or special occasion?
Look no further than bacon-wrapped sirloin filet!
This mouth-watering dish combines the tenderness of sirloin with the smoky, salty flavor of bacon for a truly unforgettable taste experience.
But how do you grill this delectable dish to perfection?
In this article, we’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions and tips for grilling the perfect bacon-wrapped sirloin filet every time.
So fire up the grill and get ready to impress your guests with this show-stopping meal!
How To Grill Bacon Wrapped Sirloin Filet?
Step 1: Prepare the Filets
Start by seasoning the top and bottom of your sirloin filets with salt and pepper. Then, wrap a slice of bacon around each filet, using toothpicks or butcher string to secure the bacon in place.
Let the filets rest while you prepare the grill.
Step 2: Preheat the Grill
Heat your grill to 400°F and set it up for direct heat cooking.
While the grill is heating up, you can prepare any additional sides or toppings you plan to serve with your bacon-wrapped sirloin filet.
Step 3: Grill the Filets
Once the grill is heated, place the bacon-wrapped filets on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on both sides, flipping once.
Cook until the steaks reach an internal temperature of 130°F for medium-rare doneness or 140°F for medium doneness, and the bacon is crispy.
If necessary, use tongs to hold the steaks over the grill with the bacon facing the heat to crisp up any areas that are not yet crispy.
Step 4: Rest and Serve
Once your bacon-wrapped sirloin filets are cooked to perfection, remove them from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes before removing any toothpicks or string and serving.
Choosing The Right Cut Of Sirloin
When it comes to grilling bacon-wrapped sirloin filet, choosing the right cut of sirloin is crucial. The top sirloin is a popular choice for grilling, but there are a few different cuts to choose from.
Thick-cut top sirloin fillets are an excellent choice for bacon-wrapped sirloin filet. They are tender and flavorful, with just the right amount of marbling to keep the meat juicy and delicious.
It’s important to note that top sirloin is a lean cut of beef, so it’s best not to overcook it. Aim for medium-rare or medium doneness to ensure that the meat stays tender and juicy.
When selecting your sirloin, look for cuts that are evenly thick and have a good amount of marbling throughout. Avoid cuts that are too thin or have visible gristle, as these can be tough and chewy.
Ultimately, the key to choosing the right cut of sirloin for your bacon-wrapped filet is to select a high-quality cut from a reputable butcher or meat market. This will ensure that you get the best possible flavor and texture from your steak.
Preparing The Bacon And Sirloin For Grilling
To prepare your bacon-wrapped sirloin filets for grilling, start by patting the moisture from both sides of the steak using paper towels. This will help form a beautiful crust when cooked.
Next, season the top of the steaks with oil and your favorite seasonings. Gently and evenly distribute the seasonings on all sides of the steak.
Then, wrap each sirloin fillet with a strip of bacon and secure it with toothpicks or butcher string. Make sure to tie the bacon tightly around the steak to prevent it from falling off while grilling.
Now that your filets are prepped, it’s time to preheat your grill to 400°F and set it up for direct heat cooking.
Once the grill is heated up, place the bacon-wrapped filets on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on both sides, flipping once. Use tongs to hold the steaks over the grill with the bacon facing the heat to crisp up any areas that are not yet crispy.
When your bacon-wrapped sirloin filets are cooked to perfection, remove them from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes before removing any toothpicks or string and serving.
With these simple steps, you can prepare a delicious meal that is sure to impress your guests.
Seasoning Options For Bacon-wrapped Sirloin Filet
When it comes to seasoning your bacon-wrapped sirloin filet, you have a variety of options to choose from. Here are some seasoning ideas to try:
1. Garlic and Herb Seasoning: Mix together minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture onto the filets before wrapping them in bacon.
2. Cajun Seasoning: Sprinkle a generous amount of Cajun seasoning onto the filets before wrapping them in bacon. This will give your steak a spicy kick.
3. Montreal Steak Seasoning: This dry rub is a classic choice for steak lovers. It contains a blend of spices like black pepper, garlic, and paprika that complement the flavor of beef.
4. Smoky BBQ Rub: If you love the taste of smoky BBQ, try rubbing your filets with a smoky BBQ spice blend before wrapping them in bacon.
5. Italian Seasoning: Mix together dried oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary with salt and pepper. Rub the mixture onto the filets before wrapping them in bacon for an Italian-inspired flavor.
No matter which seasoning you choose, be sure to season your filets generously on both sides before wrapping them in bacon. This will ensure that the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the steak.
Tips For Grilling Bacon-wrapped Sirloin Filet To Perfection
Grilling bacon-wrapped sirloin filet can be a delicious and indulgent treat, but it requires some attention to detail to ensure that the steak is cooked perfectly. Here are some tips to help you grill your bacon-wrapped sirloin filet to perfection:
1. Choose high-quality meat: The quality of your meat will impact the final flavor and texture of your steak. Look for sirloin filets that are well-marbled and have a bright red color.
2. Use a meat thermometer: To ensure that your steak is cooked to the perfect temperature, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. Aim for a temperature of 130°F for medium-rare doneness or 140°F for medium doneness.
3. Let the steaks rest: After cooking your bacon-wrapped sirloin filets, it’s important to let them rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak.
4. Keep an eye on the bacon: While it’s important to cook your steak to the right temperature, you also want to make sure that the bacon is crispy and delicious. If necessary, use tongs to hold the steaks over the grill with the bacon facing the heat to crisp up any areas that are not yet crispy.
5. Don’t over-season: Sirloin filets are naturally flavorful, so you don’t need to go overboard with seasoning. A simple sprinkle of salt and pepper will do just fine, allowing the natural flavor of the meat to shine through.
By following these tips, you can grill bacon-wrapped sirloin filet to perfection every time, creating a delicious and indulgent meal that is sure to impress your guests or family members.
Resting And Serving The Finished Dish.
Resting the cooked bacon-wrapped sirloin filets is a crucial step to ensure that the steak remains juicy and tender. During the cooking process, the juices in the steak get pushed towards the center, and if you cut into the steak immediately after cooking, those juices will escape, resulting in a dry and tough steak.
Allowing the steaks to rest for 5 minutes after cooking allows those juices to redistribute throughout the steak, resulting in a much more flavorful and tender piece of meat.
To rest the steaks, remove them from the grill and place them on a cutting board or a foil mat. Cover the steaks with foil to keep them warm and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Once you have allowed your bacon-wrapped sirloin filets to rest, it’s time to serve them up! Remove any toothpicks or string used to secure the bacon, slice the steak into desired portions, and serve with any additional sides or toppings you prepared earlier.