- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small pan, place the ham. Blend drained pineapple and mandarin orange sections with juice in a food processor.
- Half of the glaze should be poured over the ham. Cook for 10-12 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do I prepare a Kroger spiral ham that has been precooked?
It’s no problem! Preheat the oven to 350F and bake pre-cooked ham for 10 minutes per pound, or raw ham for 20 minutes per pound, for a warm, juicy supper. When a thermometer put into the thickest portion of the ham reads 145F, it’s ready to eat. Cover the ham with foil and set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
How long should a fully cooked spiral sliced ham be heated?
Cover the entire ham or portion with thick aluminum foil and heat at 325 F for about 10 minutes per pound to reheat a spiral-sliced ham in a standard oven.
What’s the best way to cook a honey spiral ham?
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the box and, if your ham has a small plastic disk attached to the underside of the bone, remove and discard it. Place the ham cut side down in a small roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350F and bake ham for 13-16 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 140F.
What’s the best way to cook a spiral ham without it drying out?
Spiral Ham: How to Cook It Without Drying It Out
- Take the spiral ham out of the packaging and set aside the liquid.
- To keep the pan from drying out, pour the juices from the packet into the bottom.
- Wrap the spiral ham in foil securely so that no steam escapes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and position the rack in the middle.
What’s the best way to reheat a fully cooked Kroger ham?
Plan 12 to 15 minutes per pound at 300 degrees to reheat a completely cooked ham, as shown in our Honey Ginger Baked Ham recipe below. If you’re using another recipe that calls for a different oven temperature, you may need to change the cook time.
Do you wrap a spiral ham in foil?
- Assemble the ham. Remove all of the packaging, including the plastic disk on the underside of the ham, if you’re wondering how to cook a spiral ham. Cover the roasted spiral ham tightly with foil or a lid in a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish or similar shallow roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes in a preheated oven, or about 10 minutes per pound of ham.
- Prepare the glaze.
- Combine the brown sugar, honey, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a quick boil, stirring constantly, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the ham is done, glaze it.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set it aside to cool for a few minutes before brushing or drizzling the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before it’s done.
- To complete, return to the oven.
- Return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for another 20 minutes, or until the glaze is slightly crisped and the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Remove the ham from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F in the thickest part.
- Allow it to rest.
- Allow for 15-20 minutes of resting time before slicing the ham.
- Just before serving, spoon the liquids over the ham.
Do you bake the ham with a cover on it?
Baking a ham isn’t as difficult as you would imagine. I simply put the ham in a roasting pan (or 913 pan) and cover it with a cup of ginger ale and a cup of orange juice. This not only enhances the flavor of the ham, but it also helps to keep it juicy as it cooks.
Wrap foil around the ham or around the pan. Make sure the ham is tightly covered to avoid drying out.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the ham for 15-20 minutes, basting halfway through. When basting the ham, uncover it, but cover it again when putting it back in the oven.
Are spiral hams always precooked?
No. Not all spiral-cut hams are sold fully cooked, despite the fact that this is quite rare. Some are sold raw or partially cooked. It’s critical to look at the product label to see how the ham was prepared.
Is it possible to cook a spiral ham at 350 degrees?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the ham from the package and lay it on a rack in a roasting pan half-filled with water, apple juice, or lemon/lime soda. Place in the oven, covered in foil. Heat to an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit using a meat thermometer.