Are you planning to serve a delicious ham for your next family gathering or holiday feast?
Look no further than Appleton Farms Ham!
This fully cooked ham is easy to prepare and can be served cold or heated up for a warm and savory meal.
Whether you prefer to heat it in the oven, on the grill, or even in a slow cooker, we’ve got you covered with these simple and tasty cooking methods.
So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
How To Cook Appleton Farms Ham?
There are several ways to cook an Appleton Farms Ham, depending on your preference and available equipment. Here are some of the most popular methods:
Understanding Appleton Farms Ham
Appleton Farms Ham is a fully cooked, bone-in or boneless ham that comes in a spiral cut, making it easy to serve and enjoy. It is available in different flavors, such as hickory smoked and honey glazed, and can be served cold or heated up for a warm meal.
When heating up the ham, it is recommended to place it on a rack in a roasting pan and heat it at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 minutes per pound. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the weight of the ham, so it is best to adjust accordingly. To keep the moisture trapped inside the ham while heating it up, cover it with foil.
For those who prefer a glazed ham, Appleton Farms provides a glaze package that can be used to add more flavor to the ham. The glaze should be applied during the last 20 minutes of cooking time, brushing it in between each slice.
It is important to note that while spiral-cut hams are easier to serve and slice, they are not completely cut through and still require carving. To carve the ham properly, first cut around the bone with a paring knife to free the attached slices. Then switch to a carving knife and slice horizontally above the bone to remove the entire section. Finally, turn the ham to cut side down and slice down along the bone to remove the remaining meat.
Oven-Baked Appleton Farms Ham Recipe
If you prefer a classic oven-baked ham, here is a recipe to try:
– 1 Appleton Farms Ham
– Glaze (included with the ham or homemade)
– Roasting pan or baking sheet
– Aluminum foil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove the ham from its packaging and place it face down in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet.
3. Bake the ham for 12 to 15 minutes per pound. For example, if your ham is 10 pounds, bake it for approximately 120 to 150 minutes.
4. If you wish to glaze the ham, follow the instructions on the packaging or make your own glaze recipe. Apply the glaze 30 minutes before the ham is done baking.
5. Cover the ham with aluminum foil and continue baking until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Note: If you want to heat a fully cooked ham that doesn’t require baking, simply preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and heat the ham for approximately 15 to 20 minutes per pound until it’s heated through.
Enjoy your delicious Appleton Farms Ham!
Grilled Appleton Farms Ham Recipe
If you’re looking to add some smoky flavor to your Appleton Farms ham, grilling is a great option. Here’s a simple recipe to try:
– 1 Appleton Farms spiral sliced ham
– 1 cup sweet & sour mix
– Aluminum pans
– Glaze (included with the ham or your preferred recipe)
1. Preheat your grill to 275-300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the ham, flat side down, on an aluminum pan.
3. Pour the sweet & sour mix over the ham.
4. Grill the ham over indirect heat for about 20 minutes per pound.
5. During the last 20 minutes of cooking time, brush the glaze over the ham in between each slice.
6. Remove the ham from the grill and let it rest for about 10 minutes, tenting with aluminum foil.
This grilled Appleton Farms ham recipe is easy to prepare and adds a delicious smoky flavor to your holiday meal. Plus, the spiral cut makes it easy to serve and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Appleton Farms Ham Recipe
If you’re looking for a hassle-free way to cook your Appleton Farms Ham, using a slow cooker is a great option. Not only does it require minimal effort, but it also results in a deliciously tender and flavorful ham.
To start, unwrap your ham and discard any plastic pieces that cover the bone. Place the ham flat side down in the slow cooker. If your ham is too big for the lid to seal completely, you can cut off a small portion on top and move it to the side of the ham.
Next, you’ll need to prepare the glaze for your ham. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, and canned pineapple juice. Heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
Pour the glaze mixture over the ham in the slow cooker, making sure it’s evenly distributed. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours until heated through.
Once the ham is cooked, you can transfer it to a roasting pan and glaze it in the oven for an extra crispy exterior. In a small bowl, combine honey, brown sugar, mustard, and cloves. Spoon half of this glaze mixture over the cut slices of ham and bake at 425°F for 8 minutes. Then, spoon the remaining glaze over the ham and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
Remember to check that your ham has reached an internal temperature of 140°F before serving. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
This slow cooker Appleton Farms Ham recipe is perfect for holiday gatherings or any occasion where you want to serve a delicious and impressive main dish with minimal effort.
Serving Suggestions For Appleton Farms Ham
Once you have cooked your Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Hickory Smoked Honey Ham, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy! Here are some serving suggestions to make the most of your delicious ham:
1. Serve it cold: The ham is fully cooked and can be served cold. For maximum flavor, let it come to room temperature before serving.
2. Heat it up: If you prefer your ham warm, heat it up by placing it on a rack in a roasting pan sliced side down. Heat at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 minutes per pound. Once heated, you can serve it right away or freeze it for later consumption.
3. Glaze it: To add some extra flavor, you can use the included ham glaze or make your own sauce. To use the glaze package, remove the ham from the oven 30 minutes before the end of total heating time. Empty the contents of the glaze package into a small saucepan and add 4 teaspoons of warm water. Heat the glaze mixture on high, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil. Using a glazing brush, apply the glaze evenly over the surface of the warm ham.
4. Pair it with sides: Appleton Farms Ham goes great with a variety of sides such as mashed potatoes, green beans, and cornbread stuffing. You can also make sandwiches with leftover ham for a tasty lunch option.
No matter how you choose to serve your Appleton Farms Ham, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and guests!