Are you a fan of sausage but worried it might not fit into your Optavia weight loss plan? Fear not!
We’ve done the research and found some delicious and healthy ways to incorporate sausage into your Optavia meals. Whether you prefer traditional Italian sausage or are looking for a plant-based option, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of lean meats, share some mouth-watering recipes, and even review a popular meatless sausage option. So sit back, relax, and get ready to learn how to enjoy sausage while still reaching your Optavia weight loss goals.
Can You Eat Sausage On Optavia?
The short answer is yes, you can eat sausage on Optavia. However, it’s important to choose the right type of sausage and incorporate it into your meals in a healthy way.
Optavia recommends lean meats such as chicken, turkey, beef, pork, fish, crab, lobster, and scallops. When it comes to sausage, opt for leaner options such as turkey or chicken sausage instead of traditional pork sausage which can be high in fat and calories.
The Benefits Of Lean Meats On Optavia
Lean meats, including lean steaks, ground meats, and dark meats from poultry, are an essential part of the Optavia diet plan. These cuts of meat are recommended because they contain fewer calories and less fat than other types of meat. For example, lean meats have more than 60 calories per 1 oz, so Optavia recommends not eating more than 5 oz per meal. Additionally, these types of meats are already tender, so there’s no need to add any extra healthy fats when choosing steaks and roasts.
Incorporating lean meats into your Optavia diet plan can offer several benefits. Firstly, lean meats are a good source of protein that can help you feel fuller for longer periods. Secondly, they can help you maintain muscle mass while losing weight. Finally, incorporating lean meats into your meals can provide essential nutrients such as iron and vitamin B12.
Optavia’s Lean and Green Steak Bites is an example of a meal that includes lean sirloin topped with gluten-free mushroom gravy. This meal is a delicious weight loss option that contains 1.5 cups of cooked vegetables and just 10 grams of fat. OptimizeU offers this meal in a 5 oz protein serving size as per the Optavia guidelines.
Delicious And Healthy Sausage Recipes For Optavia
If you’re looking for delicious and healthy sausage recipes to incorporate into your Optavia meal plan, look no further! Here are some great options:
1. Chicken Sausage Skillet with Zoodles: This gluten-free recipe is a great option for dinner. It’s simple, healthy, and easy to customize with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of veggies!
2. Sausage and Ricotta Pasta: This quick pasta recipe is a great way to incorporate sausage into your meals. A little bit of sausage goes a long way in flavoring the creamy ricotta tomato sauce. Serve with a green salad and crusty Italian bread for a complete meal.
3. Italian Sausage and Veggie Skillet: This recipe is packed with flavor and veggies! Opt for leaner options such as turkey or chicken sausage instead of traditional pork sausage, and add in your favorite veggies such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions.
Remember, when incorporating sausage into your Optavia meal plan, it’s important to choose leaner options and incorporate them into balanced meals with plenty of veggies. By doing so, you can enjoy delicious and healthy meals while still reaching your weight loss goals.
Plant-Based Sausage Options For Optavia
For those following a plant-based diet, there are also options available. Optavia offers a plant-based sausage that is a great choice for vegetarians and those looking to reduce their meat consumption. This sausage is made from plant-based ingredients and contains 27 grams of protein per serving while only having 230 calories.
If you’ve tried other plant-based sausages, you may have noticed that some lack in taste and texture. However, Optavia’s plant-based sausage has been praised for its taste and texture, making it a top choice for many.
If you’re looking for other plant-based sausage options, Simple Truth Chorizo is another great choice. It has been noted to have better taste and texture than Beyond Meat sausages. However, it’s important to note that Simple Truth Chorizo contains wheat gluten, so it may not be suitable for those following a gluten-free lifestyle on Optavia.
When incorporating plant-based sausage into your Optavia meal plan, it’s important to consider the nutritional content. While the Optavia plant-based sausage contains 27 grams of protein per serving, it may not have as much fiber as other options. To ensure you’re getting enough fiber in your diet, it’s recommended to add more leafy greens to your meal.
Review: Meatless Sausage For Optavia
If you’re looking for a plant-based sausage option for Optavia, the Simple Truth Chorizo is a great choice. It has a decent amount of protein with only 7 grams of carbohydrates, making it a lean option. However, it does contain wheat gluten, so it may not be suitable for those following a gluten-free lifestyle.
In terms of taste and texture, the Simple Truth Chorizo is much better than Beyond Meat sausages. It has a nice texture but can be slightly dry. Some reviewers have noted that it lacks sausage flavor and can taste bland. However, it is pretty salty, so keep that in mind when incorporating it into your meals.
One serving size of 1 sausage link (92 grams) has only 230 calories and 27 grams of protein. While it doesn’t have much fiber, you can add more leafy greens to your meal to boost your fiber intake.
Tips For Incorporating Sausage Into Your Optavia Meal Plan
If you’re a fan of sausage and want to incorporate it into your Optavia meal plan, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Choose leaner options: As mentioned earlier, opt for leaner options such as turkey or chicken sausage instead of traditional pork sausage. This will help you keep your fat and calorie intake in check.
2. Watch your portion sizes: Sausage can be high in calories, so it’s important to watch your portion sizes. Stick to the recommended serving size and pair it with plenty of vegetables to fill you up.
3. Use it as a flavor enhancer: Sausage can add a lot of flavor to your meals, but it doesn’t have to be the main star. Use it as a flavor enhancer by adding small amounts to dishes like omelets, salads, or stir-fries.
4. Make your own: If you’re feeling adventurous, try making your own sausage using lean meats and spices. This way, you can control the ingredients and make sure it fits into your Optavia meal plan.