Are you a fan of Jimmy Dean sausage but struggle with how to properly cut it?
Look no further! In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to slice and cook Jimmy Dean sausage patties to perfection.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, these tips will help you achieve delicious and evenly cooked sausage every time.
So grab your skillet and let’s get started!
How To Cut Jimmy Dean Sausage?
First things first, it’s important to note that Jimmy Dean sausage comes in a roll form. To cut it into patties, simply follow these steps:
1. Place the sausage roll in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before slicing. This will make it easier to cut.
2. Once the sausage is chilled, use a sharp knife to slice it into 1/2-inch patties at the indicated marks on the roll.
3. If you prefer smaller or larger patties, adjust the thickness of your slices accordingly.
Gather Your Supplies
Before starting to cut your Jimmy Dean sausage, you’ll need to gather a few supplies. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Jimmy Dean sausage roll: Make sure you have a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage on hand before you begin. You can find this product in the frozen section of most grocery stores.
2. Freezer: You’ll need a freezer to chill the sausage before slicing it. Make sure there is enough space in your freezer to accommodate the sausage roll.
3. Sharp knife: A sharp knife is essential for cutting through the sausage roll. Make sure your knife is sharp enough to cut through the meat without tearing it.
4. Cutting board: Use a cutting board to provide a stable surface for slicing the sausage. Choose a board that is large enough to accommodate the size of your sausage roll.
5. Skillet: If you plan on cooking the sausage patties after cutting them, you’ll need a skillet to cook them in. Choose a skillet that is large enough to hold all of your patties without overcrowding them.
By gathering these supplies, you’ll be well-equipped to cut and cook your Jimmy Dean sausage patties with ease and efficiency.
Preparing The Sausage Patties
After slicing the sausage roll into patties, it’s time to prepare them for cooking. There are a few different methods you can use to cook your sausage patties, but here are two popular options:
1. Skillet Cooking: Place the patties in a cold skillet and cook over medium heat for 14-16 minutes, turning frequently for even browning. Make sure the center of each patty reaches 160°F and is no longer pink before serving.
2. Frying: In a large bowl, mix the ground pork with your desired seasonings. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to incorporate. Form the meat into medium-sized balls and then flatten each ball into a patty about 1/2-inch thick. Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the patties for 5-6 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
No matter which cooking method you choose, it’s important to always follow heating instructions and cook the sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160°F for food safety purposes. Additionally, make sure to handle the sausage safely by keeping it refrigerated or frozen, washing your hands and surfaces after handling raw meat, and storing leftovers properly. With these tips in mind, you can enjoy delicious Jimmy Dean sausage patties anytime!
Cutting The Sausage Patties
Slicing the sausage patties is an important step in preparing Jimmy Dean sausage. As mentioned before, it’s best to place the sausage roll in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before slicing. This will help the sausage retain its moisture while cooking and make it easier to cut.
Once the sausage is firm, transfer it to a cutting surface and use a sharp knife to slice it into 1/2-inch patties at the indicated marks on the roll. It’s important to use a sharp knife to ensure clean cuts and prevent the sausage from crumbling.
If you prefer smaller or larger patties, adjust the thickness of your slices accordingly. Keep in mind that thinner patties will cook faster than thicker ones, so adjust your cooking time accordingly.
When cooking the sausage patties, it’s important to cook them over medium heat for 14-16 minutes, turning them frequently for even browning, or until the center of the patty reaches 160°F and is no longer pink. This is necessary for food safety and quality purposes.
Cooking The Sausage Patties
Now that you have your sausage patties cut and ready to go, it’s time to cook them up! Here are some simple steps to follow:
1. Place the patties in a cold skillet. This will prevent them from sticking and help them cook evenly.
2. Cook the sausage over medium heat for 14-16 minutes, turning frequently for even browning. Make sure to check the center of the patty with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches 160°F and is no longer pink.
3. If you prefer your sausage patties crispier, cook them for an additional 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove it from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
By following these simple steps, you can enjoy delicious and perfectly cooked Jimmy Dean sausage patties every time! Remember to always follow safe handling instructions and cook the sausage to the recommended internal temperature for food safety.
Serving Suggestions And Tips
Now that you know how to cut Jimmy Dean sausage, here are some serving suggestions and tips to make the most out of your delicious breakfast sausage patties:
1. Serve as a classic breakfast side dish with eggs, toast, and hash browns.
2. Use the sausage patties to make breakfast sandwiches by placing them between English muffins or biscuits with a fried egg and cheese.
3. Chop up the cooked sausage patties and add them to breakfast burritos or breakfast bowls for a protein-packed meal.
4. Get creative with your seasoning by adding herbs and spices to the sausage patties before cooking. Try adding garlic powder, paprika, or red pepper flakes for an extra kick of flavor.
5. If you’re cooking for a crowd, try baking the sausage patties in the oven at 375°F for 15-20 minutes instead of cooking them on the stovetop. This will save you time and ensure that all the patties are cooked evenly.
Remember to always cook your Jimmy Dean sausage patties to an internal temperature of 160°F for food safety purposes. With these cutting and serving tips, you’ll be able to enjoy delicious homemade breakfast sausage patties in no time!