Are you planning a charcuterie board for your next gathering or looking for a tasty snack to enjoy at home?
Look no further than summer sausage paired with the perfect crackers. But with so many options out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one.
Fear not, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll explore the best crackers to pair with summer sausage and cheese, from classic options to artisanal varieties.
Get ready to elevate your snacking game and impress your guests with these delicious combinations.
What Crackers Go Best With Summer Sausage?
When it comes to pairing crackers with summer sausage, it’s important to choose a cracker that complements the flavors of the meat and cheese without overpowering them.
Classic options like saltines, water crackers, and stone ground wheat crackers are always a safe bet. These mild-flavored crackers allow the taste of the sausage and cheese to shine through. They’re also a great option if you’re on a budget or looking for something that’s widely available.
If you’re looking for something a little more elevated, artisanal crackers are an excellent choice. These crackers are typically made with whole grains and have a nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with summer sausage. They also work well with charcuterie boards that have strong flavors, as they help balance out the intensity.
When it comes to specific brands, Town House crackers are a great option due to their size and shape. They provide a sturdy base for your toppings and won’t crumble under the weight of the sausage and cheese.
Classic Crackers For Summer Sausage
For those who prefer classic crackers, saltines, water crackers, and stone ground wheat crackers are excellent choices for a summer sausage and cheese platter. These crackers are mild in flavor and won’t overpower the taste of the meat and cheese. They’re also versatile and can be found at most grocery stores.
Triscuits crackers and Ritz crackers are also great options for a classic summer sausage platter. Triscuits have a slightly nutty flavor that pairs well with the smoky taste of summer sausage. Ritz crackers, on the other hand, have a buttery taste that complements the richness of the cheese.
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, Toasteds crackers come in a variety of flavors that work well with summer sausage. Their nutty flavor provides a nice contrast to the salty taste of the meat.
Carr’s Assorted Biscuits are another classic option that can add some variety to your summer sausage platter. These biscuits come in a variety of flavors, including original, cracked pepper, and sesame seed. They’re perfect for those who want to add some texture and crunch to their charcuterie board.
Artisanal Crackers To Elevate Your Pairings
If you’re looking to take your summer sausage pairing game to the next level, artisanal crackers are the way to go. These crackers are made with high-quality ingredients and come in a variety of flavors and textures.
One popular option is 34 Degrees crackers, which are thin and crispy. They provide a perfect crunch without overpowering the flavors of the meat and cheese. Another great choice is Olina’s Bakehouse wafer crackers, which are light and airy with a subtle cheese powder flavor that enhances the umami characteristics of the cheese.
For those who prefer a sweeter cracker, Craize offers a line of round thin toasted corn crackers in flavors like Plantain, Sweet Corn, Guava, and Coconut. These crackers have a sweet profile that pairs well with strong and pungent cheeses.
When it comes to pairing artisanal crackers with summer sausage, consider the nutty flavors of whole-grain crackers like those from Rustic Bakery or Potter’s Crackers. These crackers will complement the flavors of the sausage while adding an extra layer of texture and complexity to your charcuterie board.
Gluten-Free And Low-Carb Options For Health-Conscious Snackers
For those who are health-conscious and following a gluten-free or low-carb diet, there are still plenty of options available to pair with summer sausage.
One option is to choose gluten-free crackers, such as Mary’s Gone Crackers. These crackers are made with whole grains and seeds, making them a nutritious choice. They’re also low in carbs, with only 21 grams per serving.
Another option is to choose low-carb crackers, such as those from the brand “Low Karb.” These crackers are made with almond flour and have only two net carbs per serving. They’re also gluten-free and contain no artificial flavors or preservatives.
If you’re looking for a more unique option, you can try making your own crackers using almond flour or coconut flour. These flours are both low in carbs and gluten-free, making them a great choice for those on a low-carb or gluten-free diet.
Unique Pairings: Unexpected Crackers To Try With Summer Sausage
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to try something new, there are some unexpected crackers that pair surprisingly well with summer sausage. Here are a few unique pairings to consider:
1. Pretzel crackers: The salty and crunchy texture of pretzel crackers pairs perfectly with the tangy and smoky flavor of summer sausage. They also add a fun twist to your typical cheese and sausage platter.
2. Sesame crackers: These crackers have a nutty flavor that complements the rich flavor of summer sausage. They also add a nice crunch to the mix.
3. Rosemary crackers: The herbal notes of rosemary crackers pair well with the earthy flavor of summer sausage. They also add a subtle, yet distinct, flavor to your charcuterie board.
4. Olive oil crackers: These crackers have a light and crispy texture that pairs well with the bold flavor of summer sausage. They also add a touch of sophistication to your cheese and sausage platter.
5. Cheese crackers: While it may seem redundant to pair cheese crackers with cheese and sausage, these crackers add an extra layer of cheesy goodness to the mix. They’re especially delicious when paired with cheddar or Swiss cheese.
Tips For Creating The Perfect Charcuterie Board With Crackers And Summer Sausage
Creating the perfect charcuterie board with crackers and summer sausage can be a daunting task, but with these tips, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and delicious spread that will impress your guests.
1. Choose a variety of meats and cheeses: When selecting meats and cheeses for your charcuterie board, it’s important to choose a variety of flavors and textures. Summer sausage pairs well with cheddar, Swiss, and Gouda cheese. You can also add prosciutto, salami, and pepperoni to your board for additional options.
2. Select a range of crackers: As mentioned above, classic options like saltines, water crackers, and stone ground wheat crackers are always a safe bet. However, you can also choose artisanal crackers or specialty crackers with unique flavors like rosemary or garlic. It’s important to have a variety of textures and flavors to complement the meats and cheeses.
3. Add fresh components: Fresh fruits and vegetables are a great addition to any charcuterie board. Cut cucumbers into rounds on a bias, slice any pears or apples, and add grapes or berries for a pop of color. These fresh components provide a refreshing balance to the rich meats and cheeses.
4. Fill in open spaces with nuts: Nuts like Marcona almonds or candied walnuts are a great way to fill in any open spaces on your board. They also add crunch and texture to the overall spread.
5. Display your board creatively: The way you display your charcuterie board can make all the difference. Consider using a wooden board or slate platter for an elevated look. You can also arrange the meats and cheeses in groups or fan them out for an aesthetically pleasing display.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and delicious charcuterie board with crackers and summer sausage that will impress your guests. Don’t be afraid to get creative and have fun with it!