Are you looking for a healthier way to enjoy your favorite veal cutlets?
Look no further than your trusty air fryer! With its ability to crisp up food without the need for excess oil, the air fryer is the perfect tool for cooking up tender and juicy veal cutlets.
In this article, we’ll explore several different methods for cooking veal cutlets in the air fryer, from classic breaded and fried to keto-friendly options.
Whether you’re a seasoned air fryer pro or a newbie just getting started, we’ve got you covered with tips and tricks for perfectly cooked veal cutlets every time.
So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
How To Cook Veal Cutlet In Air Fryer?
Method 1: Classic Breaded and Fried
– Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
– Season your veal cutlets with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
– Place flour in a flat dish, beat egg and parsley together in a second dish, and place bread crumbs in a third dish.
– Dredge each veal cutlet first in flour, then in egg-parsley mixture, followed by bread crumbs, pressing down so that bread crumbs adhere.
– Spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray.
– Place breaded veal cutlets into the basket, making sure not to overcrowd. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
– Cook for 5 minutes. Flip, spray any chalky spots with nonstick cooking spray, and cook for 5 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining veal.
– Serve with lemon wedges.
Method 2: Keto-Friendly
– Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
– Pat the veal dry and pound it into thin cutlets with a meat mallet, about 1/4 inch thick.
– In a small bowl, whisk the eggs gently. In a shallow dish, combine your bread crumb mixture for the coating. Mix the salt, pepper, panko (or pork panko if you’re keeping it keto), grated parmesan cheese, and your favorite keto-friendly spice blend.
– Dip the cutlets into the beaten egg mixture and shake off any excess before dipping them into your seasoned breadcrumb mixture. Gently pat the cutlets so that the coating sticks, making sure to coat both sides.
– Spray the wire cooking rack with non-stick cooking spray. This helps the cutlets to not stick and lose any of the crispy coating.
– Place the veal cutlet in the wire basket in a single layer making sure no pieces overlap. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes until the panko is a beautiful golden brown.
– Once the veal is crisped to 140 degrees F, carefully spoon your favorite keto-friendly marinara over each cutlet, then top with mozzarella and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted and browned.
– Serve immediately over cooked zoodles tossed in marinara and garnish with freshly chopped basil or parsley.
Method 3: Parchment Paper Hack
– Preheat your air fryer to 350 F / 176 C.
– Use a toothpick to punch holes in parchment paper cut to fit a rack in your air fryer. Put prepared parchment paper on the rack of the air fryer.
– Pound the cutlets until they are very thin. Wipe them with a paper towel. Put some flour on a plate. Dip each cutlet in the flour and shake off excess. Put the flour on a plate you can use to bread the veal with.
– Put the cutlets on the parchment paper and put them in the air fryer. Set the air fryer to 350 F / 176 C for 6 minutes. Turn at the 3-minute mark. Leave the cutlets in the air fryer while you make your favorite sauce.
– Once done, remove from air fryer and serve with your favorite sauce.
Why Use An Air Fryer For Veal Cutlets?
Air fryers have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their ability to cook food with less oil, resulting in a healthier meal without compromising on taste. When it comes to cooking veal cutlets, using an air fryer can provide a perfect crusty finish without the need for deep frying. This method not only saves time but also reduces the amount of oil used in cooking, making it a healthier option.
With an air fryer, you can achieve a crispy and golden brown coating on your veal cutlets while keeping them tender and juicy on the inside. The hot air circulating inside the fryer allows the cutlets to cook evenly from all sides, resulting in a perfectly cooked meal. Additionally, air fryers are easy to clean and require minimal effort compared to traditional frying methods.
Another advantage of using an air fryer is that it preheats quickly and cooks food faster than traditional ovens. This means that you can have a delicious meal ready in a shorter amount of time, making it a great option for busy weeknights or when you’re short on time.
Classic Breaded Veal Cutlets In The Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a classic and delicious way to prepare veal cutlets in the air fryer, try breading and frying them! This method results in perfectly coated, browned, and tender veal cutlets that are easily made with a simple three-step process. First, season your veal cutlets with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Then, dredge each veal cutlet first in flour, then in egg-parsley mixture, followed by bread crumbs, pressing down so that bread crumbs adhere. Finally, spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray and place breaded veal cutlets into the basket, making sure not to overcrowd. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray and cook for 5 minutes on each side at 400 degrees F. Serve with lemon wedges for a classic and delicious meal.
Healthier Alternatives To Breaded Veal Cutlets
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to classic breaded veal cutlets, there are a few options to consider. One option is to skip the breading altogether and opt for a simple seasoning of lemon juice, salt, and pepper. This will reduce the calorie and carb count significantly while still providing a delicious flavor.
Another option is to use a keto-friendly breading mixture. Instead of traditional bread crumbs, use pork panko or almond flour mixed with grated parmesan cheese and your favorite keto-friendly spice blend. This will give you the crispy texture you crave without the added carbs.
For a low-fat option, consider using parchment paper in your air fryer instead of breading. This method involves pounding the veal cutlets thin, seasoning them with flour, and placing them on parchment paper in the air fryer. This will give you a crispy texture without the added fat from breading.
No matter which option you choose, be sure to serve your veal cutlets with plenty of veggies and a side salad for a well-rounded and healthy meal.
Tips For Perfectly Cooked Veal Cutlets In The Air Fryer
Cooking veal cutlets in the air fryer can be a bit tricky, but with these tips, you’ll achieve perfectly cooked, crispy cutlets every time.
1. Preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature before adding your veal cutlets. This will ensure that the cutlets cook evenly and retain their flavor.
2. Use a meat mallet to pound the veal cutlets thinly, about 1/4 inch thick. This will help them cook faster and more evenly.
3. When breading your veal cutlets, make sure to coat them evenly with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Press down gently to ensure the coating sticks to the meat.
4. To prevent the cutlets from sticking to the air fryer basket, spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray or use parchment paper with holes punched in it.
5. Flip the cutlets halfway through cooking to ensure they cook evenly on both sides.
6. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the veal cutlets. The USDA recommends cooking veal to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
7. Once cooked, let the veal cutlets rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and keep the meat tender and juicy.
By following these tips, you’ll achieve perfectly cooked veal cutlets in your air fryer every time. Experiment with different coatings and seasonings to find your favorite flavor combination.
Serving Suggestions For Delicious Veal Cutlets From The Air Fryer
Now that you have successfully cooked your delicious veal cutlets in the air fryer, it’s time to think about serving suggestions. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
1. Classic Veal Parmesan: Top your golden-brown veal cutlets with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with a side of pasta or a fresh green salad.
2. Lemon Butter Sauce: Melt some butter in a saucepan and add lemon juice, garlic, and fresh herbs like thyme or parsley. Pour over your veal cutlets for a tangy and flavorful finish.
3. Mushroom Gravy: Sauté sliced mushrooms in butter until they are tender and golden brown. Add a splash of white wine or chicken broth and let it simmer until it thickens slightly. Spoon over your veal cutlets and enjoy!
4. Pesto Cream Sauce: Mix together some pesto, heavy cream, and grated parmesan cheese for a creamy and delicious sauce. Drizzle over your veal cutlets and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
5. Caprese Salad: Slice some fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and arrange them on a plate with your cooked veal cutlets. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil for a light and refreshing meal.
No matter how you choose to serve your air-fried veal cutlets, they are sure to be a hit at the dinner table! Experiment with different sauces, sides, and garnishes to find your perfect combination.