Are you tired of the same old cheese and ham toasties from your trusty toastie maker?
Have you ever wondered if you can cook other foods in it?
Well, wonder no more!
We put the classic toastie maker to the test and discovered that it can cook more than just sandwiches.
In fact, we were able to cook seven surprising foods in our toastie maker, including bacon.
But the question remains: can you cook bacon in a toastie maker?
The answer is yes, and we’ll show you how.
So, get ready to elevate your toastie game and try out some new recipes with your trusty toastie maker.
Can You Cook Bacon In A Toastie Maker?
The short answer is yes, you can cook bacon in a toastie maker.
However, it’s important to note that you should cook the bacon first before putting it in the toastie maker.
If you try to cook raw bacon in the toastie maker, it will not be cooked enough and may not be safe to eat.
To cook bacon in a toastie maker, simply fry it up in a pan until it’s cooked to your liking.
Then, place the cooked bacon on a slice of bread with your desired cheese and any other toppings you like.
Place the sandwich in the toastie maker and cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
In just a few minutes, you’ll have a delicious bacon and cheese toastie that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
The Versatility Of A Toastie Maker
Toastie makers are not just for making sandwiches. These versatile appliances can be used to cook a variety of foods, including bacon.
With a toastie maker, you can cook bacon quickly and easily without any mess or fuss. Simply fry up the bacon in a pan, then place it on bread with cheese and any other toppings you like.
Once the sandwich is assembled, place it in the toastie maker and cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted. You can also use a toastie maker to cook other breakfast foods like eggs or pancakes, or even to grill vegetables and meats.
The possibilities are endless with a toastie maker, making it a useful kitchen appliance to have on hand. Plus, with detachable plates for sandwiches, waffles, and meat, cleaning up is a breeze.
Whether you’re looking to make a quick breakfast or a tasty snack, a toastie maker is a versatile tool that can help you create delicious meals in no time.
Preparing The Bacon For The Toastie Maker
Before you can cook bacon in a toastie maker, you need to prepare it properly. Start by selecting your desired bacon, whether it’s streaky, back or Canadian bacon.
Next, heat up a frying pan on medium heat and add a small amount of oil or butter to prevent the bacon from sticking.
Once the pan is hot, add the bacon slices and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they’re crispy and golden brown.
Use tongs to flip the bacon over and avoid using a fork, as it can pierce the meat and cause it to lose its juices.
When the bacon is cooked to your liking, transfer it onto a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
Now that your bacon is ready, you can start assembling your toastie with your desired cheese and other toppings.
Remember to place the cooked bacon on the bread first before placing it into the toastie maker. This will ensure that the bacon is evenly distributed and cooked to perfection.
In no time at all, you’ll have a delicious and satisfying bacon and cheese toastie that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Cooking Bacon In A Toastie Maker: Step-by-step Guide
If you’re ready to try cooking bacon in your toastie maker, here’s a step-by-step guide to help you out:
1. First, heat up your pan to medium heat and add the bacon. Fry it until the fat begins to render down and the bottom side begins to brown.
2. Flip the bacon over and continue cooking until the fat mostly renders down and the meat is crisp, but still has a bit of bend to it.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
4. Take out your toastie maker and plug it in. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes before using it.
5. Butter one side of each slice of bread, then place one slice butter-side down on the bottom of the toastie maker.
6. Add two slices of cooked bacon on top of the bread, then add your desired cheese and any other toppings you like.
7. Place the other slice of bread on top, butter-side up.
8. Close the lid of the toastie maker and allow it to cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
9. Once done, carefully remove the sandwich from the toastie maker and cut it in half diagonally.
10. Serve hot and enjoy your delicious bacon and cheese toastie!
With this easy-to-follow guide, you can now enjoy a tasty bacon and cheese toastie made right in your very own toastie maker.
Tips For Perfect Bacon In A Toastie Maker
If you want to achieve perfect bacon in your toastie maker, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Choose the right type of bacon: Thick-cut bacon works best in a toastie maker, as it won’t cook too quickly and become burnt.
2. Preheat your toastie maker: Make sure your toastie maker is hot before you start cooking the bacon. This will help ensure that the bacon cooks evenly and doesn’t stick to the hot plate.
3. Use a non-stick spray: To prevent the bacon from sticking to the hot plate, spray it with a non-stick cooking spray before adding the bacon.
4. Don’t overcrowd the hot plate: Only cook as much bacon as will fit neatly on the hot plate without overlapping. This will ensure that each slice cooks evenly and becomes crispy.
5. Cook until crispy: Cook the bacon until it’s crispy and golden brown, but not burnt. This should take around 10-13 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create the perfect bacon for your toastie maker every time.
Other Surprising Foods You Can Cook In A Toastie Maker
While the toastie maker is commonly used for making cheese and ham toasties, it can also be used to cook a variety of other foods. Here are some surprising foods that you can cook in a toastie maker:
1. Caramelised banana: Top your peanut butter toast or porridge with caramelised banana for a sweet and sticky treat. Simply slice up a banana and sprinkle it with coconut sugar. Place the slices on the toastie maker and cook for two minutes until they become gooey and caramelised.
2. Fried egg: If you want to add some protein to your avocado toast, fry up an egg on the toastie maker. You can make a perfectly runny yolk in just a few minutes without needing a frying pan.
3. Grilled veggies: If you love grilled or roasted veggies but don’t have the time to cook them, throw your favourite vegetables on a hot toastie maker. You can have tasty grilled veggies in just two minutes without needing to turn on your oven.
4. Bacon: Cook perfectly crispy bacon in just two and a half minutes using your toastie maker. You don’t even need oil, just place the bacon on the hot plate and let it cook.
5. Halloumi cheese: This soft cheese becomes crisp and savoury on the outside and melted and creamy on the inside when grilled. To grill halloumi on a sandwich press, simply cut up the cheese into medium-sized pieces, put them on a heated surface and grill for about 3 minutes.
6. Steak: Believe it or not, you can cook steak in under two minutes using your toastie maker. Thanks to the non-stick surface, you don’t need any oil to cook the meat.
7. Salmon: If you love crispy salmon skin, try cooking a thick fillet of salmon on your toastie maker for just over four minutes. The result is golden and crispy on the outside, and tender and pink in the middle.
Conclusion: Why You Should Try Cooking Bacon In A Toastie Maker
Cooking bacon in a toastie maker is a quick and easy way to enjoy a tasty breakfast sandwich. It’s a great option for those who are short on time but still want a delicious meal.
Using a toastie maker to cook your bacon also means you won’t have to deal with the mess and splatter that comes with frying it up in a pan.
Additionally, cooking bacon in a toastie maker allows you to customize your sandwich with different types of cheese, vegetables, or even eggs.