Are you a bacon lover looking for a quick and easy way to cook your favorite breakfast food?
Have you ever wondered if you can cook bacon on a Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven?
Well, wonder no more!
In this article, we’ll explore the possibilities of cooking bacon on this versatile kitchen appliance.
We’ll also share some tips and tricks for using the Pizzazz® Plus to cook other delicious foods, from frozen pizzas to homemade cookies.
So sit back, relax, and let’s get cooking!
Can You Cook Bacon On A Pizzazz?
The answer is yes, you can cook bacon on a Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven!
However, it’s important to note that the manufacturer recommends not using the unit to cook raw meats, including bacon. This is because the high heat and rotating motion of the oven may damage the unit.
But fear not, there is a way to cook bacon on the Pizzazz® Plus without damaging it. Simply cut the bacon slices crosswise into thirds and wrap each third around a water chestnut, securing it with a wooden toothpick. Place the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts on a rack in a baking pan and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crispy.
This method not only allows you to cook bacon on your Pizzazz® Plus, but also adds a delicious twist to your appetizers!
What Is A Pizzazz® Plus And How Does It Work?
A Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven is a versatile kitchen appliance that can cook a variety of frozen convenience foods, bake cookies and cinnamon rolls from refrigerated dough, prepare quesadillas, grilled sandwiches, and 7- to 12-inch pizzas (frozen, take-and-bake, deli, or homemade) without the need for preheating. The machine is easy to use – simply plug it in, put your food on the tray, set your timer, switch it on and then leave it alone. The tray revolves, cooking your food evenly under the electric element.
The Pizzazz® Plus has an automatic cut-off switch that turns off the elements when the cooking time has finished, and it makes a pleasant little ‘dinging’ noise to let you know your food is ready. The top and bottom elements are controlled separately by an easy-to-see switch on top of the machine, so you can cook your food exactly how you like it. If you prefer a crispy base or want to cook your pizza dough first, start cooking with the bottom element by itself. If you like a bubbly top, turn the top element on when the base has finished cooking and give it enough time to cook your topping. If you want to cook a pizza from frozen, use both elements on a very gentle heat.
The high watt power of the Pizzazz® Plus helps you to reach maximum temperatures quickly when using the unit. Baking a pizza will only take close to 10 minutes, which is less than the time it takes a conventional stove to preheat. This saves you from substantial energy consumption.
The Benefits Of Cooking Bacon On A Pizzazz® Plus
Cooking bacon on a Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven has several benefits. Firstly, the rotating motion of the oven ensures that the bacon is evenly cooked on all sides, resulting in perfectly crispy bacon every time. Additionally, the high heat of the oven allows the bacon to cook quickly, reducing cooking time and allowing you to enjoy your bacon in no time.
Another benefit of cooking bacon on a Pizzazz® Plus is the ability to control the texture of your bacon. Depending on how you cook it, you can achieve a wonderful crunch or a chewy quality. If you prefer your bacon crunchy, simply fry it completely. If you prefer a chewier texture, undercook it slightly. The quality of your bacon also plays a role in the texture, so choosing high-quality bacon can make a significant difference in the end result.
How To Cook Bacon On A Pizzazz® Plus
Cooking bacon on a Pizzazz® Plus is a simple and easy process. First, preheat your Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven to 350 degrees F. Then, cut the bacon slices crosswise into thirds and wrap each third around a water chestnut, securing it with a wooden toothpick.
Next, place the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts on a rack in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Place the pan in the preheated Pizzazz® Plus and let it cook for 30 to 45 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crispy.
It’s important to note that the Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven is not designed to cook or grill raw meats, including bacon. Cooking raw meats may damage the unit due to its high heat and rotating motion.
However, by using this method of cooking precooked and frozen appetizers like bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, you can enjoy delicious bacon without damaging your Pizzazz® Plus.
Once the bacon is cooked, you can serve it immediately by removing it from the oven and placing it on a serving dish. Alternatively, you can cool, cover, and chill the appetizers for up to 24 hours before reheating them in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Tips And Tricks For Cooking Other Foods On A Pizzazz® Plus
While the Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven is primarily marketed as a pizza oven, it can actually cook a variety of other foods as well. Here are some tips and tricks for cooking other foods on your Pizzazz® Plus:
1. Frozen convenience foods: The Pizzazz® Plus can cook an assortment of frozen convenience foods, such as chicken strips, potato wedges, and quesadillas. Simply follow the instructions on the packaging for cooking times and temperatures.
2. Cookies and cinnamon rolls: You can also use the Pizzazz® Plus to bake cookies and cinnamon rolls from refrigerated dough. Place the dough on the non-stick baking pan and follow the instructions on the packaging for cooking times and temperatures.
3. Grilled sandwiches: To make grilled sandwiches on your Pizzazz® Plus, simply place your sandwich on the non-stick baking pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
4. Homemade pizzas: In addition to frozen pizzas, you can also use the Pizzazz® Plus to bake homemade pizzas from scratch. Simply roll out your dough and add your desired toppings, then place it on the non-stick baking pan and cook according to the instructions in your recipe.
5. Control heat settings: The Pizzazz® Plus allows you to control how you like your food cooked by heating both the top and bottom of the food at the same time or individually. Use this feature to control how you like your food — whether for a crispier crust, browner toppings, or both.
6. Non-stick surface: With any non-stick type bake ware, scratches are inevitable. Make sure you use non-stick surface friendly utensils — rubber or plastic — to prolong the life of the non-stick pan.
7. Avoid damaging your nonstick pan: Transfer your food to another plate or surface before slicing it to avoid damaging the non-stick pan.
By following these tips and tricks, you can make the most out of your Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven and cook a variety of delicious foods beyond just pizza!
Cleaning And Maintenance Of Your Pizzazz® Plus
After using your Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven, it’s important to clean and maintain it properly to ensure it continues to work efficiently. Here are some tips:
1. Unplug the unit from the outlet and allow it to cool completely before cleaning.
2. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of the unit. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers that may scratch the surface.
3. Remove the cooking pan and wash it with warm, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.
4. If there is any food residue on the heating element or rotating tray, use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to gently scrub it away.
5. For tough stains or burnt-on food, mix equal parts baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the affected area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before wiping away with a damp cloth.
6. If you notice any build-up on the heating element or rotating tray, use a scraper or spatula to gently remove it.
7. To prevent food from sticking to the cooking pan, lightly coat it with cooking spray before use.
8. Store your Pizzazz® Plus in a clean, dry place when not in use.
By following these simple cleaning and maintenance tips, you can ensure that your Pizzazz® Plus rotating oven continues to work effectively and provide delicious meals for years to come.