Asparagus is a versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in many different ways, but there’s something special about wrapping it in bacon.
The combination of salty, smoky bacon and tender asparagus is a match made in heaven. But what should you serve with this delicious dish?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll take you through seven of the best side dishes to pair with bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Whether you’re looking for something elegant to serve at a special occasion or a quick and easy snack, we’ve got something for everyone.
So, keep reading to learn how to take your bacon-wrapped asparagus to the next level!
What Goes Good With Bacon Wrapped Asparagus?
1. Ham and Asparagus Gratin: This French-inspired dish involves ham-wrapped asparagus bundles covered in a butter sauce and sprinkled with Gruyére cheese. It’s a decadent and delicious side dish that will impress your guests.
2. Garlic Herb Tuna Steak Marinade: This flavorful marinade is the perfect complement to bacon-wrapped asparagus. The combination of garlic, herbs, and tuna will add a burst of flavor to your meal.
3. Oven Baked Asparagus: For a simple and easy side dish, try oven-baked asparagus. Brush it with a sweet brown sugar glaze before baking for caramelized deliciousness. This elegant asparagus pairs well with any main course.
4. Whole30 Bacon Wrapped Asparagus: If you’re following the Whole30 diet, these bacon-wrapped asparagus spears are an excellent side dish or snack. Drizzle them with a simple vinaigrette made of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dried oregano for added flavor.
5. Chicken: Whether it’s fried chicken, chicken tenders, or roasted chicken, chicken is always a great option to pair with bacon-wrapped asparagus. Just go light on the salt and oil to balance out the salty bacon.
6. Salad: Bacon-wrapped asparagus can also be used as a topping for salads. Serve it on top of mixed greens with a light vinaigrette for a refreshing and healthy meal.
7. Roasted Vegetables: For a hearty and satisfying side dish, try roasting some vegetables alongside your bacon-wrapped asparagus. Potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts are all great options that will complement the flavors of the bacon and asparagus.
Roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish to serve with bacon-wrapped asparagus. The crispy texture of the potatoes pairs well with the smoky flavor of the bacon and the tender asparagus spears. Here’s how to make delicious roasted potatoes:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and dry your potatoes, then cut them into bite-sized pieces.
3. Toss the potato pieces in olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices you like. Rosemary and thyme are great choices.
4. Spread the potato pieces out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
5. Roast the potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
6. Serve the roasted potatoes alongside your bacon-wrapped asparagus for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Roasted potatoes are also versatile and can be customized to your liking. Try adding chopped garlic or onions for extra flavor, or sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top for a cheesy twist. You can also experiment with different types of potatoes, such as sweet potatoes or red potatoes, for a unique flavor profile.
Grilled Corn On The Cob
Grilled corn on the cob is a classic summer side dish that pairs perfectly with bacon-wrapped asparagus. To prepare, simply grill the corn until it’s slightly charred and tender. You can serve it with butter and salt for a classic flavor, or try some of these variations:
1. Mexican Street Corn: Also known as elote, this grilled corn is coated in a mixture of mayonnaise, chili powder, lime juice, and Cotija cheese. It’s a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy corn on the cob.
2. Herb Butter Corn: Mix softened butter with chopped fresh herbs like parsley, thyme, and chives. Spread the herb butter on the grilled corn for a delicious and aromatic side dish.
3. Parmesan Garlic Corn: Mix grated Parmesan cheese with minced garlic and spread it on the grilled corn. It’s a savory and cheesy way to enjoy corn on the cob.
4. Spicy Corn: Mix melted butter with hot sauce or chili flakes, and brush it onto the grilled corn. It’s a spicy and flavorful way to enjoy this summer favorite.
No matter how you prepare it, grilled corn on the cob is a delicious addition to any summer meal.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms
One of the best side dishes to pair with bacon-wrapped asparagus is garlic butter mushrooms. This dish is easy to make and bursting with flavor. To prepare, start by preheating your oven to 450°F and tossing your mushrooms with capers, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a shallow baking dish. Top with butter and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and golden brown. Once done, stir in some lemon juice and fresh parsley for an extra burst of flavor. The result is a silky garlic butter sauce that perfectly complements the smoky and salty flavors of the bacon-wrapped asparagus. This dish is a great option for any occasion, from a casual weeknight dinner to a fancy holiday gathering. Plus, it’s naturally gluten-free, making it a crowd-pleaser for everyone. Serve with some crusty bread on the side for swiping up the delicious juices. Garlic butter mushrooms are sure to be a hit at your next dinner party!
Caesar salad is a classic dish that pairs perfectly with bacon-wrapped asparagus. This popular salad is typically made with crisp romaine lettuce, garlic, croutons, parmesan cheese, and tossed in Caesar dressing. The addition of chicken or steak makes for a filling and satisfying meal, but there are also plenty of other options to consider.
If you’re looking for a lighter option, try serving your Caesar salad with grilled salmon or a pork chop instead. The flavors of the bacon-wrapped asparagus will complement the fish or meat perfectly. If you’re looking for some additional side dishes to serve alongside your Caesar salad and bacon-wrapped asparagus, consider fried potatoes, roasted vegetables, baked sweet potato fries, or steamed broccoli.
For a more elegant touch, try serving a Caesar salad topped with grilled shrimp or scallops. The seafood will add a fresh burst of flavor to the dish and make for a beautiful presentation. And if you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some anchovies to your Caesar dressing for an extra kick of umami flavor.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
If you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish to pair with your bacon-wrapped asparagus, try Parmesan roasted broccoli. This dish involves roasting broccoli florets with bacon and pine nuts, then topping them with Parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice and zest. The result is a deliciously crispy and savory side dish that is incredibly easy to prepare with minimal clean-up.
To make Parmesan roasted broccoli, start by cutting the bacon into 1-inch pieces and spreading them out over a baking sheet. In a large bowl, add the broccoli florets, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Season with sea salt and toss to combine. Spread the broccoli out on the baking sheet with the bacon and bake for 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the broccoli is browned and tender.
Once the Parmesan roasted broccoli is done, transfer it to a serving dish and top it with the remaining Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice (optional). This side dish pairs well with any main course, but especially with pasta or chicken entrées. It’s a great way to add some variety to your meal while still keeping it simple and delicious.
Creamy polenta is a versatile and delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with bacon-wrapped asparagus. This Italian staple is made from cornmeal and has a smooth and creamy texture that complements the crispy bacon and tender asparagus. To make creamy polenta, start by bringing chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the polenta and lower the heat, cooking slowly for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally until the mixture has thickened. Then, stir in some grated cheese, such as extra sharp cheddar or Parmesan, to add some richness and depth of flavor. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
To serve creamy polenta with bacon-wrapped asparagus, simply spoon the polenta onto a plate and top it with the bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles. The combination of textures and flavors is sure to impress your guests and take your meal to the next level. You can also experiment with different variations of creamy polenta by adding herbs, spices, or other ingredients like roasted garlic or sun-dried tomatoes to make it even more flavorful. Creamy polenta is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that will elevate any meal featuring bacon-wrapped asparagus.