Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to cook Zummo sausage in the oven?
Look no further! Whether you’re meal prepping for the week or hosting a gathering, cooking sausage in the oven is a convenient and tasty option.
With a variety of recipes and techniques available, you can create mouth-watering dishes that are sure to please any palate.
In this article, we’ll explore different methods for cooking Zummo sausage in the oven, from simple BBQ glazes to savory vegetable roasts.
So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
How To Cook Zummo Sausage In Oven?
There are several ways to cook Zummo sausage in the oven, depending on your preferences and the recipe you’re using. Here are some popular methods:
1. BBQ Glaze: This method involves slathering the sausages with BBQ sauce and baking them in the oven for 25 minutes at 400F. After taking them out, brush them with more BBQ sauce and return them to the oven for another 10 minutes. This will create a sticky BBQ glaze that’s perfect for barbecued sausages.
2. Roasted Vegetables: Mixing sausage and vegetables is a great way to create a nutritious and flavorful meal. For example, you can combine Zummo sausage with butternut squash, mushrooms, onion, and Brussels sprouts in a large roasting pan. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until the sausage is fully cooked through – about 30 to 45 minutes. Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, and barbecue sauce, then heat again for an additional 10 minutes at 415 degrees.
3. Sheet Pan Dinner: Another easy and delicious way to cook Zummo sausage in the oven is to make a sheet pan dinner. Use four links of Zummo sausage with the casings removed, along with fennel bulb, broccoli rabe, olive oil, and various seasonings. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes or until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
4. Boudin Sausage: If you’re looking for a Cajun twist on your sausage dish, try cooking Zummo boudin sausage in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Place the boudin sausages on top of the parchment paper, making sure to leave some space between each link.
Prepping Your Zummo Sausage For The Oven
Before you cook your Zummo sausage in the oven, there are a few steps you should take to ensure that it cooks evenly and stays moist. Here’s how to prep your Zummo sausage for the oven:
1. Thawing: If you’re using frozen Zummo sausage, make sure to thaw it completely before cooking. You can do this by leaving it in the refrigerator overnight or by placing it in a bowl of cold water for a few hours.
2. Pricking: To prevent your Zummo sausage from bursting in the oven, use a fork or toothpick to prick small holes in the casing before cooking. This will allow steam to escape and prevent the sausage from getting too hot.
3. Seasoning: Depending on your recipe, you may want to season your Zummo sausage before cooking. You can do this by rubbing it with your favorite spices or marinade.
4. Baking: When you’re ready to cook your Zummo sausage, preheat your oven to the desired temperature and arrange the sausages on a baking sheet or roasting pan. Make sure there is enough space between each link so that they cook evenly.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your Zummo sausage turns out perfectly cooked and delicious every time you bake it in the oven.
Basic Oven-Baked Zummo Sausage Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple and easy way to cook Zummo sausage in the oven, here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
1. Preheat your oven to 400F/200C (180C fan oven).
2. Arrange the Zummo sausages on a baking tray in a single layer, leaving space between them. You can line the baking tray with parchment paper for easier clean-up.
3. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake at a temperature of 200C/400F (180C fan) for 30-35 minutes, flipping the sides halfway through cooking.
4. Bring out the baking tray, rest the sausages for 5 minutes, then serve.
This basic recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy the natural flavor of Zummo sausage without any additional seasonings or sauces. However, you can always add your favorite spices or herbs to enhance the taste. Just make sure not to overcook the sausages as they may become dry and tough. Use a meat thermometer to check if they’ve reached an internal temperature of 165 F before serving. Enjoy!
Adding Flavor With BBQ Glazes And Marinades
One popular way to add flavor to Zummo sausage when cooking in the oven is to use BBQ glazes and marinades. BBQ glazes are a great way to create a sticky and flavorful coating on the sausages, while marinades infuse the meat with rich flavors and tenderize it.
To make a BBQ glaze for Zummo sausage, start by slathering the sausages with your favorite BBQ sauce. Bake them in the oven at 400F for 25 minutes, then take them out and brush them with more BBQ sauce. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes to create a sticky and delicious glaze. You can also experiment with different types of BBQ sauces, such as sweet and tangy or spicy and smoky, to find your perfect flavor.
For a marinade, mix together your desired ingredients such as soy sauce, honey, cajun seasoning, and olive oil. Marinate the Zummo sausage in the mixture for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before baking in the oven. This will infuse the sausage with rich flavors and help tenderize it.
When using BBQ glazes or marinades, be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. The extra moisture from the glaze or marinade may require longer cooking times to ensure that the sausage is fully cooked through. Always check the internal temperature of the sausage with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached a safe temperature of 165 F.
Roasting Zummo Sausage With Vegetables
Roasting Zummo sausage with vegetables is a simple and delicious way to create a complete meal in one pan. To start, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 15 x 10-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick cooking spray.
Next, prepare your vegetables by chopping them into bite-sized pieces. You can use any vegetables you like, but some great options include butternut squash, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and zucchini. Toss the vegetables in a large bowl with olive oil and your favorite seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt.
Once the vegetables are coated in oil and seasonings, add sliced Zummo sausage to the bowl and toss everything together until well combined. Arrange the mixture on the prepared baking sheet, making sure to spread it out evenly.
Roast the sausage and vegetables in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is fully cooked through. Halfway through the cooking time, stir or flip the mixture to ensure even cooking.
Once the dish is done roasting, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. This roasted Zummo sausage and vegetable dish is perfect for any time of year and can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. Serve it with a side salad or some crusty bread for a complete meal that’s sure to satisfy.
Making A One-Pan Meal With Zummo Sausage And Potatoes
If you’re looking for a quick and easy one-pan meal, try making Zummo sausage and potato bake. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to serve a hearty and delicious meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. Here’s how to make it:
– 4 links of Zummo sausage
– 2 large potatoes, chopped into small pieces
– 1 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1 green bell pepper, sliced
– 1 onion, sliced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
3. Add the chopped potatoes, sliced bell peppers, sliced onion, and minced garlic to the baking sheet.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
5. Toss the mixture together with your hands until everything is evenly distributed.
6. Add the Zummo sausage links on top of the vegetable mixture.
7. Bake in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the sausage is fully cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
You can also mix it up by trying different seasonings or adding more veggies like cauliflower or carrots. The best part is that this recipe only requires one pan, so you can save time on clean-up as well. This sausage and potato bake is a delicious and easy way to incorporate Zummo sausage into your meals.
Tips And Tricks For Perfectly Cooked Zummo Sausage Every Time
Cooking Zummo sausage in the oven is a simple and convenient way to enjoy this delicious meat. Here are some tips and tricks to ensure that your Zummo sausage is perfectly cooked every time:
1. Use a meat thermometer: To ensure that your Zummo sausage is cooked to perfection, it’s important to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the sausage should reach 165 F. This will ensure that the sausage is fully cooked and safe to eat.
2. Space out the sausages: When cooking Zummo sausage in the oven, make sure to space out the sausages so that heat can circulate around them. This will ensure that they cook evenly and are not undercooked in some areas.
3. Preheat the oven: Always preheat your oven before cooking Zummo sausage. This will ensure that the sausages cook evenly and are not overcooked on the outside and undercooked on the inside.
4. Use a non-stick baking sheet: To prevent sticking and ensure easy cleanup, use a non-stick baking sheet when cooking Zummo sausage in the oven.
5. Experiment with different seasonings: Zummo sausage is delicious on its own, but you can also experiment with different seasonings to add extra flavor. Try adding garlic powder, paprika, or cumin to your sausage before cooking for a delicious twist on this classic meat.
By following these tips and tricks, you can be sure that your Zummo sausage will be perfectly cooked every time you make it in the oven. Enjoy!